Visiting Nurse Association of Eastern Montgomery County records
Held at: University of Pennsylvania: Barbara Bates Center for the Study of The History of Nursing [Contact Us]Claire Fagin Hall, 418 Curie Boulevard, Floor 2U, Philadelphia, PA, 19104-4217
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the University of Pennsylvania: Barbara Bates Center for the Study of The History of Nursing. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The Visiting Nurse Association of Eastern Montgomery County, Inc. had its beginning in 1919 when the Old York Road Public Health Center was formed. Around 1943, the agency changed its name to York Road Family Service and Health Center. In 1944, it became two separate agencies--the Lower Montgomery Family Service and the Old York Road Public Health Nursing Center. The latter merged with the Springfield-Whitemarsh Visiting Nurse Association, Inc. (formed in Flourtown, PA, in 1920) in 1956 and formed the Visiting Nurse Association of Eastern Montgomery County, Inc. In 1984, the Visiting Nurse Association of Ambler and Vicinity merged into the agency. In 1988, the agency merged into the Abinton Memorial Hospital to become a department of the hospital.
Gift of Marilyn Harris, 1991-1992.
- University of Pennsylvania: Barbara Bates Center for the Study of The History of Nursing
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Center staff, updated by Bethany Myers
- This collection was processed with funds provided by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission as part of the Nursing History Processing and Cataloging Project.
- Access Restrictions
This collection is unrestricted.
- Use Restrictions
Copyright restrictions may apply. Please contact the Center with requests for copying and for authorization to publish, quote or reproduce the material.
This series contains records documenting the agency's activities before 1956. Included is a set of service survey studies conducted under a sub-committee of the agency in 1943.
This series consists of formal documents such as bylaws, annual reports from the agency's officials, board manuals, and records of various committees.
Included in this series are all kinds of administration files. In addition to correspondence, there are records documenting various kinds of programs and services, policy manuals, treasurer's reports, etc.
This series consists of files of other organizations. The bulk of it is material of the United Fund of Philadelphia and Vicinity dating from the l 940's to late 1970s.