Held at: Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College [Contact Us]
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The Women's Problem Group of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting was begun in 1917 as a subcommittee of the pre-existing Social Order Committee. By 1927, the group was acting independently under PYM and had focused its concerns and efforts around issues of household assistance, racial understanding, experimental religious education, employment and labor.
Records of the Women's Problem Group of the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting, 1949-1961.
- Social Order Committee (Society of Friends : Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1827-1955)
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1827-1955). Social Order Committee
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends
- Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research. Access may be provided via digital or microfilm copy, per repository policy.
- Use Restrictions
Copyright has not been assigned to the Repositories. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to the individual Meeting or its successor. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Repositories as the holder(s) of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by reader.
Affiliation: UnitedPhysical Location
Haverford College Quaker and Special Collections