- 60 linear feet
- A general meeting for Friends in the Delaware Valley area was first convened at Burlington in 1681. The first general meeting held in Philadelphia was in 1683, and in 1685, it was agreed that the meetings in New Jersey and Pennsylvania should be combined into one yearly meeting with alternate sessions at Philadelphia and at Burlington. The great Separation among Philadelphia Friends into Orthodox and Hicksite branches occurred at the Yearly Meeting of 1827. Through the course of the early 20th century, the PYMs began to draw back together until 1955 when organic union was formally approved, and a reunited PYM, the present organization, was created. Records of the annual sessions of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting include minutes and other records such as epistles sent and recieved which pertain to those annual sessions. Also included are the records of those committees charged with the preparations for the annual sessions.
Held at: Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College [Contact Us]