Collection of papers concerning John Jackson
Held at: Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore, Pennsylvania 19081
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
John Jackson was a noted Quaker minister. He was born the son of Halliday and Jane Jackson, of Darby, Pennsylvania, in 1809. He married Rachel Tyson, and was the founder of Sharon Female Seminary. He died in 1855.
Source of acquisition--Herbert W. Jackson and Elizabeth Jackson Shaffner. Method of acquisition--Gift of; Date of acquisition--1950.
Source of acquisition--Martha Schofield. Method of acquisition--Gift of.
- Society of Friends -- Missions -- West Indies
- Society of Friends -- Doctrines
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends
- Slavery and the church -- Society of Friends
- Society of Friends -- Hicksite Separation
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
- Access Restrictions
This collection is available for research use.