Held at: Historic Langhorne Association [Contact Us]160 W. Maple Ave., Langhorne, PA, 19047
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Historic Langhorne Association. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The Mutual Beneficial Insurance Association of Bucks County was incorporated in 1842 and located in Langhorne, Pennsylvania. At other times it was also known as the Mutual Live Stock Insurance Company, the Independent Mutual Fire Insurance Company, and Mutual Beneficial Fire, Wind, and Storm Insurance Company
Pennsylvania Insurance Department. Annual Report. 1917. Accessed December 14, 2012. http://books.google.com/books?id=1_IZAQAAIAAJ&dq=Mutual%20Beneficial %20Insurance%20association%20langhorne%20annual%20report&pg=PA352#v=onepage&q&f=false
This collection includes policy registers, 1929-1955, that give details of policy holders, buildings, and coverage; account books, 1932-1941; annual statements and correspondence, 1947-1953; and a collection account book, letters and receipts, 1886-1903, of the Mutual Live Stock Insurance Company.
Gift of A. Paul Townsend, Jr.
Summary descriptive information on this collection was compiled in 2012-2014 as part of a project conducted by the Historical Society of Pennsylvania to make better known and more accessible the largely hidden collections of small, primarily volunteer run repositories in the Philadelphia area. The Hidden Collections Initiative for Pennsylvania Small Archival Repositories (HCI-PSAR) was funded by a grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
This is a preliminary finding aid. No physical processing, rehousing, reorganizing, or folder listing was accomplished during the HCI-PSAR project.
In some cases, more detailed inventories or finding aids may be available on-site at the repository where this collection is held; please contact Historic Langhorne Association directly for more information.
- Independent Mutual Fire Insurance Company
- Mutual Beneficial Fire, Wind and Storm Insurance Company
- Mutual Beneficial Insurance Association of Bucks County
- Mutual Live Stock Insurance Company
- Historic Langhorne Association
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Celia Caust-Ellenbogen and Faith Charlton through the Historical Society of Pennsylvania's Hidden Collections Initiative for Pennsylvania Small Archival Repositories
- This preliminary finding aid was created as part of the Historical Society of Pennsylvania's Hidden Collections Initiative for Pennsylvania Small Archival Repositories. The HCI-PSAR project was made possible by a grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
- Access Restrictions
Contact Historic Langhorne Association for information about accessing this collection.