Fellowship Club of Lansdowne minutes
Held at: Delaware County Historical Society [Contact Us]408 Avenue of the States, Chester, Pennsylvania, 19013
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Delaware County Historical Society. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The Fellowship Club of Lansdowne (Delaware County, Pennsylvania), a largely social and charitable organization, began as an ushers' association founded in 1907 by Rev. Croswell McBee of St. John's Episcopal Church. Having become more of a social than an ecclesiastical group, members drafted a new constitution and by-laws and adopted the name Fellowship Club of Lansdowne. The club was limited to 25 members (of any denomination) who would be nominated and voted in by current members; its purpose was to promote "good fellowship between members" and to engage in civic and charitable activities.
"The History of the Fellowship Club of Lansdowne, Penna." Circa 1920. Official history found in collection.
Johnson, Emeline. "Lansdowne Leads." November 9, 1972. Newspaper clipping found in collection.
This collection consists of minutes of the Fellowship Club of Lansdowne, 1911-1994 with some gaps, as well as membership and attendance lists, a small amount of correspondence, clippings, ephemera, and a few other documents. There is one volume of history of the club with a few photographs, clippings, and a membership list, 1914-1920.
Gift of Matthew Schultz, 2009 (accession 2009.47).
Summary descriptive information on this collection was compiled in 2012-2014 as part of a project conducted by the Historical Society of Pennsylvania to make better known and more accessible the largely hidden collections of small, primarily volunteer run repositories in the Philadelphia area. The Hidden Collections Initiative for Pennsylvania Small Archival Repositories (HCI-PSAR) was funded by a grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
This is a preliminary finding aid. No physical processing, rehousing, reorganizing, or folder listing was accomplished during the HCI-PSAR project.
In some cases, more detailed inventories or finding aids may be available on-site at the repository where this collection is held; please contact Delaware County Historical Society directly for more information.
- Delaware County Historical Society
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Celia Caust-Ellenbogen and Faith Charlton through the Historical Society of Pennsylvania's Hidden Collections Initiative for Pennsylvania Small Archival Repositories
- This preliminary finding aid was created as part of the Historical Society of Pennsylvania's Hidden Collections Initiative for Pennsylvania Small Archival Repositories. The HCI-PSAR project was made possible by a grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
- Access Restrictions
Contact Delaware County Historical Society for information about accessing this collection.