Midwest Committee for Military Counseling Records
Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The Midwest Committee for Military Counseling was founded in 1976 as an outgrowth of the Midwest Office of the Central Committee for Conscientious Objectors (which had closed in 1976) and its predecessor, the Midwest Committee for Draft Counseling. The MCMC provided counseling, training sessions and public education. Staff worked with counselors, attorneys, community groups and religious bodies on behalf of potential recruits to the military and people on active military duty. The MCMC ceased operation in 1995 or 1996.
This collection is unprocessed and contains files sent from the Midwest Center for Military Counseling.
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is the official repository for these papers/records.
Gift of Midwest Committee for Military Counseling, 1996 [Acc. 96A-015].
This collection remains unprocessed. This finding aid was created by Wendy Chmielewsk, October 2011.
Items removed: Photographs, Bumper stickers, Posters.
- Conscientious Objectors -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Conscientious Objectors -- Middle West -- History -- Sources
- Draft resisters -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Draft resisters -- Middle West -- History -- Sources
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection
- Access Restrictions
- Copyright to the records created by the Midwest Committee for Military Counseling has been transferred to the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Copyright to all other materials is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
- Use Restrictions