World Conference on Religion and Peace, USA Records
Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
National Inter-religious Conference on Peace held March 15-17, 1966, in Washington, D.C., to bring together clergymen and laymen from all peace oriented viewpoints to discuss the relation of religion to peace; following conference, U.S. Inter-religious Committee on Peace (also called Inter-religious Committee on Peace) was formed to continue this work; name changed in 1975 to World Conference on Religion and Peace (USA) to identify more clearly with World Conference on Religion and Peace (International); also called WCRP/USA or WCRP (U.S.A.).
This collection contains: Minutes, correspondence (1965-1966), statements produced by the conference, workshop kits, study group working papers, publicity, and anthology of published papers of the conference; together with minutes (1966-1989), reports, form letters, and financial records of U.S. Inter-religious Committee on Peace and of WCRP/USA; material relating to Japan-U.S. Inter-religious Consultation, Tokyo, May 1983; and correspondence (1962-1989) and other materials of Homer A. Jack. Correspondents include Jacob B. Agus, Norman J. Baugher, Eugene Carson Blake, Balfour Brickner, Clifford Earle, Maurice Nathan Eisendrath, Dana McLean Greeley, Herschel Halbert, Alfred Hassler, Arthur Norman Holcombe, Homer A. Jack, Francis J. Lally, John Wesley Lord, Stewart Meacham, Paul Peachey, Howard Schomer, Kay Shannon, E. Raymond Wilson, and John J. Wright
This collection is unprocessed and remains in the order in which it was donated.
Guide to the Swarthmore College Peace Collection, 2nd ed., p. 46 and 82.
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is the official repository for these papers/records.
Gift of Homer Jack, 1987 [Acc. 87A-050]; 1991 [Acc. 91A-058]
This collection is unprocessed and remains in the order in which it was donated. This finding aid was created by Wendy Chmielewski and SCPC staff, September 2012.
- World Conference on Religion and Peace (Organization). USA
- U.S. Inter-religious Committee on Peace
- National Inter-religious Conference on Peace (1966) (Washington, D.C.)
- Japan/U.S. Inter-religious Consultation (3rd : 1983) (Tokyo, Japan)
- Congresses and conventions -- Japan -- History -- Sources
- Congresses and conventions -- Washington (D.C.) -- History -- Sources
- Peace -- Congresses -- History -- Sources
- Peace -- Religious aspects -- History -- Sources
- Peace -- Societies, etc. -- History -- Sources
- Peace Movements -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Clergy -- Congresses -- History -- Sources
- Laity -- Congresses -- History -- Sources
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection
- Access Restrictions
- Copyright has been transferred to the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. The rights to some items in this collection may have been retained by their creators/authors (or their descendents), as stipulated by United States copyright law. Please contact the SCPC Curator for further information.
- Use Restrictions