Philadelphia Peace Council Collected Records
Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The second Philadelphia Peace Council was organized in 1937 and was active until around 1943. About 30 organizations participated directly, and nearly 100 groups cooperated; these included peace groups, churches, women's groups, parent-teacher associations, trade unions, and civic clubs. The Council was one of the three peace organizations that formed the nucleus of the United Peace Chest. It was also affiliated with the National Peace Conference. The first Philadelphia Peace Council had similar aims, but was not as extensive. (See separate record for that organization).
Guide to the Swarthmore College Peace Collection, 2nd ed., p. 56.
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection