Women's Auxiliary of the German Society of Pennsylvania (Frauen-Hilfsverein) records
Held at: German Society of Pennsylvania: Joseph P. Horner Memorial Library [Contact Us]611 Spring Garden Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19123
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the German Society of Pennsylvania: Joseph P. Horner Memorial Library. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The Women’s Auxiliary (Auxiliary) was founded as the Frauen-Hilfsverein in May 1900. The founding president, Mrs. Antonie Ehrlich, had long been an active member of the German Society, and she and her friends immersed themselves in the charitable activities of The Society. Several ethnic organizations in the community had Frauenvereine and it was natural that Mrs. Ehrlich and a core of women saw the opportunity to be more effective if they were able to raise, manage and direct their funds independently of direct oversight as partners of the German Society of Pennsylvania (GSP). The GSP building, at that time just over 10 years old, was to be their headquarters. The women met and conducted business meetings and social events there. As such, the members of the Auxiliary considered the GSP building their home and contributed to the operation of the GSP. Spouses of at least some of the members were active on the Board of the GSP. Thus the Auxiliary was an affiliate of the GSP with the exception of the years 2002 through 2005 when the Auxiliary was expelled from the GSP.
Fundamental to the Auxiliary has been charitable work and all activities were organized with the need to raise funds for relief of the needy. In the early part of the 20th century, charity was administered to individuals who applied to various organizations known to provide aid for the sick, elderly or indigent. Members of the Auxiliary assumed responsibility for assuring that those who asked for help were truly in need and, when help was extended, cases were monitored. The population of Philadelphia was clustered closer to what is now center city. It appears that by the 1920s both the state and city government were involved in seeing that needy people were provided some level of assistance. A network of providers worked together to assign the needy to the most effective provider. When World War I ended in Europe, the GSP and the Auxiliary began a program to provide victims of war in the German- speaking lands with some of the basics needed for survival. The Auxiliary continued this effort faithfully for much of the decade of the 1920s. All the while, those in need in the local community were not ignored, and the women continued to raise funds to sustain all these efforts with social events and the Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas Bazaar). By the 1930s government-supported charity was ever more involved in the needs of the poor and indigent in the city. The Auxiliary worked in coordination with public agencies and religious charity groups. After World War II, the Auxiliary again responded to needs created by war devastation. As was done after WWI, the effort was again in concert with the work of the American Friends Service Committee. One of the Auxiliary presidents of the early 1950s, Mrs. Marian Linke, actively engaged in war relief not only with the organization before and during her term as president that began in 1951, but she was also an advocate for the victims of war at the US Government level by working to have the weight limit of postal packages raised from 14 to 22 pounds. Americans with relatives and friends in Europe packed food stuffs and clothing at home to mail via parcel post to the suffering, and the increase of 8 pounds per package helped both the sender and receiver. This minor fact may be lost now in the mists of history. The mountain of packages, lovingly packed by individuals and mailed to family and friends, were eagerly awaited and, in some cases, survival itself depended on them. But even as the energies of the ladies of the Auxiliary were directed to aid for central Europe, our government’s welfare efforts slowly displaced the role of the Auxiliary in charity to individuals that by the year 2000 became nonexistent. Whenever an individual in need is brought to the attention of the Auxiliary, this is dutifully considered because the mission of benevolence continues. But individual appeals became difficult to screen properly and by the decade of the 2000s, there were no cases of charity of this kind being supported. Instead the Auxiliary chose to direct its funds to charities that operated in the spirit of providing a hand-up and also to groups that promoted cultural heritage.
The Yearbook of the GSP for 1952 notes the Auxiliary inaugurated a student prize in 1951 to honor Henrietta Keller, at the close of her term as president, and the prize was to be designated for a graduating student in German at the University of PA. During the 1950s the Board of the Auxiliary realized that the mission, defined as charitable, was not full enough. Therefore the corporate charter, as registered with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, was modified so that students of the German language could be helped. In the 1950s German, as a foreign language, was taught in all area high schools and universities. It could not be anticipated that by the end of the century German would no longer be taught in most high schools, and some universities would no longer offer it. In the 1950s with the influx of post-war German-speaking immigrants to the US - due in some measure to displacement of ethnic Germans from their homes - there was a healthy vitality in the German American community in the Philadelphia area. The immigrants provided a new generation to the various German clubs and societies, and some arrivals even founded new Vereine and organizations.
After Presidents Antonie Ehrlich and Henrietta Keller’s terms, totaling just over 50 years, the early 1950s saw Marian Linke and Elizabeth Kuhlmey assume short terms. Then Maria Huberti held the office from 1957 until 1978. When she retired and Mrs. Barbara Reiniger presided, she and her Board realized that the membership was aging and if no steps were taken, the organization might end with their generation. Although welfare and scholarships were still the primary mission, the Board, at this time, took on the role of missionaries and invited the younger women they knew to come out and consider joining and, even more importantly, become active in the Auxiliary. Since it was the early 1980s many of these women were busy in the workforce and weekday afternoon meetings and events were not possible for them. At this time, the Board made the decision that meeting and event dates had to change in order to accommodate the schedules of the demographic they sought. It worked and about 10 to 15 women in the 35 to 50 year age group became active members by 1985. That was the year that Renate Genieser, one of this younger cohort, became president giving new energy to the direction of the Auxiliary. Dr. George Beichl was GSP President and with his support the GSP and the Auxiliary affected a vital partnership. The primary fund raiser of the Auxiliary, the Christmas Bazaar, was changed in a way to make it more appealing. This and other lesser opportunities to raise money provided funds for welfare and scholarships. Around the time of the 300th Anniversary Celebration of the first arrivals of Germans in Philadelphia in 1983 – 13 families led by Pastorius who settled in Germantown - the Steuben Parade group sponsored an annual weekend in August at Penn’s Landing to celebrate our German heritage. Many of the German organizations in the area participated. The GSP provided volunteers to assist in setting up a booth for the weekend that the Auxiliary used to showcase the GSP and sell merchandise. It was a lively event that continued to attract visitors until the early 2000s, when it was discontinued partly because of the high cost of insurance (beer tent) and rent.
Renate resigned from the presidency, after 10 years in office, in 1995. Her term was characterized by continued attention to the Auxiliary mission, and she was tireless in attention to detail and the integrity of the organization. Doris MacPherson became president in 1995. A year later in 1996, the Auxiliary was the beneficiary of bequests by members Gunda Hack ($25,000) and Minna Werner ($10,000). Mr. Bernie Freitag succeeded Mr. Beichl as president of the GSP in 1993. The Horner Library initiative to preserve books and also rehabilitate the library space was in its planning stages. Funds had been raised for both projects. The funding for rehabilitation of the library space fell short of need. The GSP also experienced shortfalls in operating expenses. Freitag put pressure on the Auxiliary for money in excess of their annual Auxiliary donations. The Board of the Auxiliary noted that the GSP did not always spend its money effectively, and they were unwilling to contribute money for projects that appeared poorly thought out. The Auxiliary did, however, note that they could make an important contribution to the interior of the GSP building by restoring furnishings and artifacts so many of which were shabby, while the GSP focused on the larger projects. Eventually, this direction was not welcomed by the Board of the GSP and ultimately led to the exile of the Auxiliary in early 2002. Meanwhile, the Auxiliary, now deprived of its home and ability to raise funds, continued with its mission of welfare and scholarship assistance in the period that extended through 2004 when the GSP elected Mr. James Mundy as President. Mundy, in his election platform, promised to bring the Auxiliary back to the GSP.
During the time of exile the Charter of the Auxiliary was revised and new Bylaws were adopted. In 2006 with the Auxiliary now back in its home at the GSP, Christel Tillmann was elected President. Christel has been successful in creating a warm working relationship with the GSP. Members undertake leadership of and staffing for some GSP events. Scholarship and welfare disbursements have increased, and significant funding has been given the GSP to assist with important projects undertaken by the current administration. The Auxiliary has reason to be proud of its contribution to community welfare, scholarships and awards, and the GSP. As of this writing (2013), the Auxiliary continues as a vital organization of self-motivated women.
The Women’s Auxiliary was founded in 1900 to serve as the charitable arm of the German Society of Pennsylvania with particular emphasis on charity for families in distress in the Philadelphia area. German immigrants poured into the city where labor was needed for the expanding industry. Charity in the 19th and early 20th century was provided by individuals, churches and charitable organizations such as the German Society. After the First and Second World Wars the Auxiliary engaged in war relief to German speaking lands directly and in cooperation with Quaker relief agencies. As state and federal government undertook more and more welfare work in the city, the auxiliary charter was changed in the 1950s to provide scholarship aid to students who majored in German language study. The records include annual reports, minute books, treasurer’s reports, fundraising materials, receipts, letters, and miscellaneous items. There has been no consistent approach to record keeping through the period encompassed by the materials. Box 5 that follows the 2000-2009 files contains photographs and ephemera. Most of the photographs are from the period of 1980 on that were donated by several members of the Board for this archive.
The records are grouped chronologicially by decade from Series 1 (1900-1909) to Series 11 (2000-2009); and series 12 comprises photographs and ephemera.
Assembling, filing, and indexing this collection began in 2011 under the leadership of Christel Tillmann, who consulted with GSP Library staff to develop methodology. Archiving supplies were provided by a grant to the GSP Library by the Max Kade Foundation. Librarian, Dr. Violet Lutz and GSP Library Chair, Dr. Maria Sturm provided direction to the effort. Christel Tillmann organized the Archiving Committee and provided office space for the Auxiliary volunteers to work through 110 years of paper records. An invaluable service was done in transcribing the early minutes of the Auxiliary that were hand-written in old German script that cannot be read by those who are untrained. Archiving volunteers were members: Christa Jeschonnek, Katharina Kappils, Doris MacPherson, Gretchen Mulligan, Maria Neitzel, Margot Sawicki, Hannelore Schill, Helen Schutz, Edith Schwab, Doris Simon, Christel Tillmann, Hella Volgenau. Transcribers of the early minutes of the Auxiliary were members: Käthe Marx, Hannelore Schill, Doris Simon, Hedi Zutter.
Gift of the Women's Auxiliary of the German Society of Pennsylvania, 2013
- German American women
- German Americans
- Societies, etc
- World War, 1914-1918--Civilian relief
- World War, 1939-1945--Civilian relief
- German Society of Pennsylvania: Joseph P. Horner Memorial Library
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Women's Auxiliary of the German Society of Pennsylvania
- Finding Aid Date
- The processing of this collection was made possible through generous funding from the Max Kade Foundation, as part of the grant project "Retrieval and Cataloging of the German-American Experience, 1918-1960."
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open for research.
- Use Restrictions
Copyright restrictions may apply. Please contact the German Society of Pennsylvania with requests for copying and for authorization to publish, quote or reproduce the material.
The Annual Reports of the Auxiliary are copies taken from the Jahres-Bericht der Deutschen Gesellschaft von Pennsylvanien (Annual report of the German Society of Pennsylvania) that contain the pages that concern Auxiliary business. The reports cover each year of the decade.
6 leaves. Typed carbon copy.
In German. Bound volume. In the hands of secretaries Camilla Buergermeister and Emma Heyl
2 copies, 51 leaves each. Typed transcription from the German Gothic script by Hedi Zutter, 1995
In German. Bound volume, 121 pages. In the hand of Emma Heyl, secretary
Handwritten transcription from the German Gothic script, by Käthe Marx, spring/summer 2006, in a hardcovered notebook. Also includes a typed overview and highlights, with a handwritten cover note dated 4 April 2007
In German. Bound volume, 152 pages. Mostly in the hand of Emma Heyl, secretary; a few entries in the hand of Antonie E. Schuck, secretary pro tem. Volume in fragile condition, with front cover detached, spine wanting
83 leaves. Typed transcription by Hannelore Schill and Doris Simon, 2012. Includes a CD containing the Microsoft Word file
Typed, 4 leaves. The information is apparently based on various sources, including the city directory of 1900
The Annual Reports of the Auxiliary as included in the Jahresbericht of the GSP. The reports cover each year of the decade.
In German and English. Several letters dealing with items of protocol and permission with respect to planned events
Enumerates income from fundraising events and expenditures
In German. Bound volume, 153 pages. In the hands of Emma Heyl, secretary, and Antonie E. Schuck, secretary pro tem
Handwritten transcription from the German Gothic script, by Käthe Marx, December 2006 - January 2007, in a hardcovered notebook
In German. Bound volume, 200 pages. In the hand of Emma Heyl, secretary
110 leaves. Typed transcription from the German Gothic script, by Hannelore Schill and Doris Simon, 2013. Includes a CD containing the Microsoft Word file
The Annual Reports of the Auxiliary as included in the Jahresbericht of the GSP. The reports cover each year of the decade.
Various records detailing pledges received and expenditures for goods sent to Germany and Austria in the aftermath of World War I. Includes: notebook containing reports; bank book, bank statements, and check stubs; receipt book and loose receipts; correspondence
Bound volume, 189 pages (p. 105-161 are blank). Contains a list of donations such as clothing, coats, and shoes, as well as a record of materials given out for hand work and the receipt of finished goods for distribution. A few loose items related to the Foreign Relief Committee are laid in
Variety of items concerning fund raising events for welfare work, and an appeal for aid
In German. Enumerating women who paid dues. Letters accompanied check transmittal
The Annual Reports of the Auxiliary as included in the Jahresbericht of the GSP. The reports cover each year of the decade. Folder 55 contains a duplicate of the 1938 Jahres-Bericht that was found to contain several notes about Auxiliary members.
Includes handwritten emendations
In German, with some English.
In English, with some German
Includes one item addressed to Mrs. Harry Keller, President, several addressed to Miss M. Delcy and one from Emma A. Wiedemann, from the Family Society of Philadelphia to Mrs. Schweizer (December 9, 1936). Includes an envelope containing 8 letters discussing the details of families who should be considered to receive donations as a Christmas present from the Women’s Auxiliary of the GSP (December 1932).
In English with some German. Includes referral slips from the Philadelphia Social Service Exchange for individual welfare cases
Includes copy of the Commonwealth General Assembly Act No. 64 (January 1934) which provides for public assistance to the elderly indigent. Auxiliary petitioned for help for needy individuals
Bound volume, 77 pages. Kept by Mrs. Bertha Schweitzer
In English and German Includes letters discussing the details of families who should be considered to receive donations from the Women’s Auxiliary of the GSP (December 1936)
In German. Enumerating women who paid dues
In German. Enumerating women who paid dues
In German and English
The Annual Report for the Auxiliary as included in the GSP Jahresbericht of 1940 and Annual Report (in English) of 1941. In 1947 an annual report of the Auxiliary is published with an April 1948 issue of the GSP’s Die Gesellschafter. For 1949 there is a 2-sided copy of an Annual Report.
Includes the following documents: Donations collected during a Coffee held Thursday Afternoon, October 24, 1946 Letter from E.K. (probably Elsbeth Keucher) to Mrs. Stopper; Philadelphia, July 15, 1946. E.K. submits a report of the last Board Meeting that Stopper had missed. Letter from Maria F. Funch to Elsbeth Keucher; November 1, 1944. Funch thanks the Women’s Auxiliary of the GSP for their donation of $25 to the friends of children. Letter from Walter R. Harrison to Mrs. Conrad J. Linke; July 27, 1944. Receipt for the contribution of $50 from the Women’s Auxiliary of the GSP to the Lutheran Home for Orphans and Aged at Germantown. Letter from Mr. H.C.Schmidt to the Women’s Auxiliary of the GSP; January 27, 1946. Thanks them for the gift. Letter from Lillian M. Benkert to Elsbeth Keucher; July 20, 1945. Thanks for the gift of $25 from the Women’s Auxiliary of the GSP to the Northern Home for Children. Letter from Max and Cora Heinaici[?] to the Women’s Auxiliary of the GSP; December 27, 1945. Thanks for the present. Letter from Maria F. Funch to Elsbeth Keucher; July 24, 1945. Acknowledges receipt of $50 from the Members of the Board of Directors to the Children’s Hospital of the Mary J. Drexel Home. Letter from Walter R. Harrison to Elsbeth Keucher; July 26, 1945. Thanks for the donation of $50 from the Board of Directors of the women’s Auxiliary of the GSP to the Lutheran Home for Orphans and Aged. Receipt from the Salvation Army for donation of $50. July 25, 1945. Letter from Jose de Pedroso to the GSP Women’s Auxiliary; April 18, 1945. Thanks for the donation of $25 to the 1945 Red Cross War Fund campaign. Letter from J.L.Weatherwax to C.J.Linke; July 28, 1944. Thanks for the donation of $50 from the Board of the Women’s Auxiliary of the GSP to the Radiological Department, Philadelphia General Hospital. Letter from Austin Monty to Elsbeth Keucher; November 19, 1944. Thanks for the contribution from the Women’s Auxiliary of the GSP to the Northern Home for Children. Letter from J.L.Weatherwax to Elizabeth Krucher; July 21, 1945. Thanks for the donation of $50 to the Radiological Department at Philadelphia General Hospital. Receipt from the Salvation Army for donation of $50. May 31, 1946. Receipt signed by Lillian M. Benkert acknowledging the donation of $50 to the Northern Home for Children. No date. Letter from Maria F. Funch to Mrs. Conrad J. Linke; June 1, 1946. Thanks for the donation of $50 to the children’s Hospital of the Mary J. Drexel Home. Also, thanks to the members for attending the Garden Party. Letter from J.L.Weatherwax to Mrs. Conrad J. Linke; June 4, 1946. Thanks for donation of $50 to the Radiological Department at Philadelphia General Hospital. Letter from Stanley P. Reimann to Elsbeth Keucher; May 31, 1946. Thanks for the check donated to the credit of the funds for cancer control at the Lankenau Hospital. Letter from Walter R. Harrison to Elsbeth Keucher; June 1, 1946. Thanks for the donation of $50 to the Lutheran Home for Orphans and Aged. List of expenses for organizing the banquet on May 8, 1945. Letter from Elsbeth Keucher to Marion Woerwag; October 7, 1946. Keucher’s notes on new business for the Women’s Auxiliary. List of Donations and Expenses in connection with the Coffee Party organized on Wednesday, February 20, 1946. Letter from Current Export Bulletin, Department of Commerce, Office of International Trade, Washington, June 20, 1947, about gift shipments to Germany. Eliminating restrictions on weight and dollar value, except for specific foodstuffs for items sent to Germany. List of guests to the 1946 anniversary. Lists the names of people who purchased tickets and how many tickets they purchased. Includes notes on expenses. Sunday Afternoon Coffee donations and expenses. November 11, 1945. Oyster Supper donations and expenses. March 23, 1945. Oyster Supper and Package Party donations and expenses. March 24, 1944. Letter from Joan E. Murphy, Quakerhilfe, German Mission-French Zone of Occupation to the Women’s Auxiliary, HSP; October 4, 1947. Thanks for the packages sent to Freiburg. Mentions details about some of the final recipients of these packages and their stories. Letter from S.S.White 3rd to the Women’s Auxiliary; March 18, 1948. Mentions the high number of requests from Central Europe for food and clothing, especially from Germany and Austria. The Italian and Greek Societies have agreed to help with their respective countries, but need help with requests from Germany. Letter from the Women’s Auxiliary of the GSP to Mr. White 3rd; April 2, 1948. They cannot help with additional donations due to lack of funds. The letter also explains they have helped with care packages in conjunction with the American Friends. Receipt from Otto H. Ebert Co. for printing cards and for envelopes.
Reconciliation of quarterly returns of income tax withheld on Wages (forms W-1) with income tax withholding statements (forms W-2).
The log, consisting of dated signed pages (1949-1957), has the appearance of a meeting attendance log but is more likely a log of welfare recipients who presented themselves at the German Society for charitable aid
Six letters responding to offers of membership to the Board of the Auxiliary. Includes: Letter from Marie M. Eckardt to Miss Woerwag; December 12, 1946. Eckhardt accepts to become a board member of the Women’s Auxiliary of the German Society. Letter from Marie M. Eckardt to Miss Woerwag; February 19, 1948. Eckhardt accepts to continue staying on as a board member but mentions she needs to limit her activities. Letter from Maria G. Huberti to Miss Marion Woerwag; November 8, 1946. Huberti accepts to serve as a member of the board. Letter from Marie Fellonneau to the President of the Women’s Auxiliary. February 19, 1948. Resigns from the Board of Directors. Letter from Norma Wilhelm to Miss Keucher; March 5, 1946. Wilhelm accepts the nomination for member of the Board of Directors of the GSP. Letter from Mrs. Alfred Bauer to the Women’s Auxiliary; June 20, 1947. Resigns from her position of president of the board. Letter from Kate Mann to the Women’s Auxiliary; June 25, 1947. Resigns from her position of member of the board. Letter from Norma Wilhelm to the Women’s Auxiliary’ April 13. Resigns from her position of member of the board. Letter from Mary Meyer to the Women’s Auxiliary; May 1, 1947. Accepts to become a member of the board.
Copies from the GSP Year Book from 1950, 1951, and 1952 that contain information about the Auxiliary.
Printed copies (10), several with an added page of amendments
Notices, letters, copy of the charter change document of 1958, and minutes of special meeting to approve the changes. Charter document is not the official (sealed) one
Reports on two events in 1959. Also includes report from the GSP librarian about the use of an Auxiliary donation to purchase books for the library in 1954
2 items, one containing list of recipients by month and the other containing signatures of recipients
Includes list of board members elected 1954 for three-year term
Includes notice of election meeting 1958; and memo (copy) showing directors of 1954, 1956, and 1957
Ledger binder, 236 pages. Contains typed minutes, in English, by secretaries Emmy M. Mumberg and Elsie Kratz Dominick. Among items tipped or laid in are treasurer's reports by Johanna Schroeder
Includes: Two Notices of Employer’s Identification Number List of taxes and salary[?] for Mrs. Pohl and Mr. Matthias. Letter from the Treasury Department to Religious, Charitable, Educational etc Organizations which filed certificates to bring certain employees under federal old-age and survivors insurance. October 11, 1951 Invitation from the Carl Schurz Memorial Foundation, Inc., to attend a dinner on Monday, May 5, 1952. On the back of the invitation, a list of taxes and salaries[?] for Mrs. Pohl, Mr. Matthias, Mrs. Mueller. Employer’s Tax Guide Brochure Rev. January 1954. Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificates (for Federal Income Taxes withheld and Social Security). This envelope also contains age data. 1943-1952 Letter from the Social Security Administration mentioning the employer identification number assigned to the GSP under the federal Insurance Contributions Act to identify the quarterly tax returns which you make on the wages paid to your employees. Blank forms from US Treasury Department Internal Revenue Service. Copies of letters from the US Treasury Department with the title: “Are you up-to-date on your withholding exemptions?” and blank Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certificates. 1952, 1953, 1954. Notes on scrap paper about City Wage Tax. Letter from Herman Witte, Treasurer of German Society to Ernst Matthias, Agent of German Society; February 5, 1951. Instructions for Mr. Matthias and Mrs. Mueller on how to obtain covered under the German Society for Social Security. Letter from Helen Harjes Muller, librarian of HSP to Herman Witte; April 18, 1951. Muller complains that no deduction for social security covering was done for the first quarter of 1951. Letter from Joseph Mayer, Acting district director to GSP; April 26, 1954. Error in the computation of taxes. Tax documents from 1954. Notes and documents about the bank balance, including checks outstanding, ledger balance and less checks drawn, for GSP in 1952. Letter from Romanus J. Buckley, Chief of the Bureau of Enforcement, City of Philadelphia’s department of Collections to the GSP; May 28, 1952. Informs GSP of the need to withhold the city wage tax from the compensation paid to employees. GSP Insurance Receipts 1952.
The certificates would be awarded to members, directors, officers for service
Includes letter of approval by auditor, dated 22 September 1967
Includes bills for account, anniversary luncheons
Bound volume, 97 pages
Bound volume, 67 pages
Includes programs, correspondence, clippings
Includes programs for 1985 and 1988
The Auxiliary supplied food and cooked for the Zenger Law Society
Includes membership brochure with handwritten emendations (circa 1996), and blank membership cards
Includes a copy of the bylaws and an invoice
In English and German. Subjects include Antonie Ehrlich, Henrietta M. Keller, Maria G. Huberti, Paula Ellerkamp Mayer-Rosa
No bazaar was held in 2002-2004
In German and English
Volume I, No. 1 (November 2003) - Volume VI, No. 4 (November 2009)
Approximately 48 prints, some accompanied by negatives
Approximately 70 prints, some accompanied by negatives
9 items. Includes several postcards from the South Tyrol, and two photographs: one of an orphanage, and one of the Evangelischer Junger Mädchen Verein Wien (Vienna)
3 items. Includes group portrait of Auxiliary Board at New Citizen Luncheon (1967), portrait of Maria Huberti
Approximately 70 photos, and a few clippings
Approximately 80 items
Compiled by Renate Genieser. Approximately 150 photos
Compiled by Renate Genieser. Approximately 200 photos, along with clippings and ephemera