- 0.1 linear feet (1 box = 1 volume + 1 folder)
- The collection comprises the minutes of the Concord Group, a small German-American social club in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, from its first meeting, on 23 December 1937, until 20 November 1945, mostly in the hand of secretary Karl Rugart and contained in a single notebook. The club mainly carried on a program of lectures and discussions, on topics in the arts, and business and industry, combined with social gatherings and special excursions. In 1943-1945 there are references to war relief efforts. Members included Captain Louis H. Schmidt and architect Eugene A. Stopper, both leaders of the German Society of Pennsylvania at the time; sculptor J. Otto Schweizer; jewelry businessman Franz Zirnkilton (Jr.); German professor Harry W. Pfund; physician John B. Ludy; A. Raymond Raff, the Collector of Customs at Philadelphia; and Lutheran pastor Kurt E. B. Molzahn, whose membership was rescinded by the group in August 1942.
Held at: German Society of Pennsylvania: Joseph P. Horner Memorial Library [Contact Us]