Eugene Percival Pendergrass Papers
Held at: University of Pennsylvania: University Archives and Records Center [Contact Us]3401 Market Street, Suite 210, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the University of Pennsylvania: University Archives and Records Center. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Eugene P. Pendergrass (1895-1980) was a prominent radiologist and educator. He received his MD from the University of Pennsylvania Medical School in 1918. Following graduation Pendergrass entered the U.S. Navy as a physician, but was sent back to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for training in radiology under Dr. Henry Pancoast. After his discharge from the Navy, he returned to the Penn. Pendergrass was appointed a Professor of Radiology at Medical School in 1936. A member of national and international medical and radiological organizations he became an international figure in radiology. Pendergrass was present in 1946 at the Operation Cross-Roads test at Bikini as a member of the radiological safety committee.
The Eugene Pendergrass Papers consist of Personal and professional material documenting Pendergrass's career as a radiologist. Of particular note are items relating to the Department of Radiology at the University of Pennsylvania, and as a radiological consultant.
This is an unprocessed collection. Please see Archives staff for rough inventory.
The Eugene Percival Pendergrass Papers were donated to the University Archives by Eugene P. Pendergrass in March 1979, May 1980, and November 1980 (accession numbers 59-79, 7-80, and 22-80). Additional materials were donated by Henry P. Pendergrass in November 2003 (accession number 2003:079).
- University of Pennsylvania: University Archives and Records Center
- Access Restrictions
Access to collections is granted in accordance with the Protocols for the University Archives and Records Center.