First National Bank of Media records
Held at: Media Historic Archives Commission [Contact Us]Media-Upper Providence Free Library, 1 East Front Street, Media, Pennsylvania, 19063
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Media Historic Archives Commission. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The First National Bank of Media was formed in 1864 under the Congressional National Bank Act of that year. Its original office was near the corner of Olive Street and State Street in the Borough of Media, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Its first president was Isaac Haldeman, who was succeeded in that role by his son. In 1899, the Bank built a French Renaissance Revival building designed by J. Dilkes at State Street and South Avenue. The First National Bank of Media went out of business, but as of 2013, its distinctive 1899 building is occupied by PNC Bank.
This collection includes general/financial ledgers, Board of Directors meeting minutes, and various other stock and banking records from the First National Bank of Media. An inventory of the collection is as follows: Stock ledgers (six volumes), 1940s-1950s General/financial ledger books (25 volumes), 1870-1933 Board of Directors meeting minutes (nine volumes), 1871-1910 Trust Investment Committee minutes (two volumes), 1936-1944 Transfer of stock, 1909-1944 Records, 1865-1868 Mortgage Trust Fund certificates, 1928-1934 Preferred stock certificates, 1934-1944 Note teller's records, 1947
Summary descriptive information on this collection was compiled in 2012-2014 as part of a project conducted by the Historical Society of Pennsylvania to make better known and more accessible the largely hidden collections of small, primarily volunteer run repositories in the Philadelphia area. The Hidden Collections Initiative for Pennsylvania Small Archival Repositories (HCI-PSAR) was funded by a grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
This is a preliminary finding aid. No physical processing, rehousing, reorganizing, or folder listing was accomplished during the HCI-PSAR project.
In some cases, more detailed inventories or finding aids may be available on-site at the repository where this collection is held; please contact Media Historic Archives Commission directly for more information.
- Media Historic Archives Commission
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Celia Caust-Ellenbogen and Faith Charlton through the Historical Society of Pennsylvania's Hidden Collections Initiative for Pennsylvania Small Archival Repositories
- This preliminary finding aid was created as part of the Historical Society of Pennsylvania's Hidden Collections Initiative for Pennsylvania Small Archival Repositories. The HCI-PSAR project was made possible by a grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
- Access Restrictions
Contact Media Historic Archives Commission for information about accessing this collection.