Held at: Historical Society of Fort Washington [Contact Us]Clifton House, 473 Bethlehem Pike, Fort Washington, PA, 19034-2313
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Historical Society of Fort Washington. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Camp Luzerne was established in 1862 as a training ground for soldiers in what was then known as Mill Hollow (present day Luzerne County, Pennsylvania). The 143rd Pennsylvania infantry was the only Civil War regiment entirely trained and equipped for combat at this camp.
Mooney, Tom. "Local Area During War: Old Times Not Forgotten." The Times Leader. April 10, 2011. Accessed December 15, 2011. http://www.timesleader.com/news/Local_area_during_war__Old_times_not_forgotten_04-10-2011.html
This collection consists of about 25 requisition receipts for supplies ordered by captains stationed at Camp Luzerne near Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania during the Civil War.
- Historical Society of Fort Washington
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Celia Caust-Ellenbogen and Michael Gubicza through the Historical Society of Pennsylvania's Hidden Collections Initiative for Pennsylvania Small Archival Repositories
- This preliminary finding aid was created as part of the Historical Society of Pennsylvania's Hidden Collections Initiative for Pennsylvania Small Archival Repositories. The HCI-PSAR project was made possible by a grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
- Access Restrictions
Contact repository for information about accessing this collection.