Louis Sattler correspondence
Held at: Science History Institute Archives [Contact Us]315 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Science History Institute Archives. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Louis Sattler was a professor of chemistry at Brooklyn College from 1928 to 1965. He died in 1977 at the age of 79.
The Louis Sattler correspondence consists of correspondence written to Louis Sattler from Clarence S. Hudson, P. Karrer of the University of Zurich, P.A. Levene from the Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research, W.H. Perkin, Julius Steiglitz from the University of Chicago, the University de Louvain and Frank C. Whitmore from Pennsylvania State College.
Correspondence written to Louis Sattler from 1923-1952.
The Louis Sattler Correspondence was donated to the Science History Institute (formerly the Chemical Heritage Foundation) by Madeline P. Goodstein in 1990.
Source of acquisition--Goodstein, Madeline P.. Method of acquisition--Gift;; Date of acquisition--1990..
- Sattler, Louis, 1898-1977 -- : Correspondence.
- Hudson, Clarence S. -- : Correspondence.
- Karrer, Paul, 1889-1971 -- : Correspondence.
- Levene, P. A. (Phoebus Aaron), 1869-1940 -- : Correspondence.
- Perkin, W. H. (William Henry), 1860-1929 -- : Correspondence.
- Stieglitz, Julius, 1867-1937 -- : Correspondence.
- Whitmore, Frank C. -- : Correspondence.
- Science History Institute Archives
- Access Restrictions
There are no access restrictions on the materials for research purposes and the collection is open to the public.