Held at: Science History Institute Archives [Contact Us]315 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Science History Institute Archives. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
For a more detailed inventory, please view this record in our library catalog: https://othmerlib.sciencehistory.org/record=b1072427~S6
This is a collection of 21 letters, signed by eminent chemists of the modern era. All are typed and all but one is in English. Signers include Linus Pauling, Peter Debye, Road Hoffman and Robert Woodward.
Filed with the Raymond Szymanowitz collection of autographed letters, 1791-1964.
Selected materials from this collection have been digitized and are available to view online in our Digital Collections: https://digital.sciencehistory.org/collections/h702q641c
Source of acquisition--Theodor O. Benfey. Method of acquisition--gift ;; Date of acquisition--1988..
- Fuller, R. Buckminster (Richard Buckminster), 1895-1983
- Hoffmann, Roald
- Pauling, Linus, 1901-1994
- Woodward, R.B. (Robert Burns), 1917-1979
- Debye, Peter J. W. (Peter Josef William), 1884-1966
- Herzberg, Gerhard, 1904-1999
- Hildebrand, Joel Henry, 1881-1983
- Benfey, O. Theodor (Otto Theodor), 1925-
- Science History Institute Archives