Held at: Science History Institute Archives [Contact Us]315 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Science History Institute Archives. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The American Chemical Society (ACS) Division of Cellulose Chemistry began as a section within the ACS Division of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry and subsequently became its own chartered division of ACS in 1922. In 1961, the section was renamed the Division of Cellulose, Wood, and Fiber Chemistry. The section was subsequently renamed the Cellulose, Paper, and Textile Division in 1973 and is currently known as the Cellulose and Renewable Materials Division.
For a more detailed inventory, please view this record in our library catalog: https://othmerlib.sciencehistory.org/record=b1077516~S6
This collection consists of sixty-five black and white print photographs and negatives related to the history of the American Chemical Society Division of Cellulose Chemistry from 1920 to 1976. The bulk of the collection is made up of portraits of former Division Chairmen; notable individuals include Harold Hibbert, Clifford Burves, Herman Mark, and Orland Battista. Several snapshots from Division meetings circa 1954 complete the collection.
Separated from the Records of the American Chemical Society Division of Cellulose Chemistry, 1919-1985; Deposited by Don F. Durso, 1985.
Source of acquisition--Durson, Don F. Method of acquisition--Deposit; Date of acquisition--1985. Accession number--Old accession 85:1.
- Science History Institute Archives
- Access Restrictions
- Use Restrictions
To obtain reproduction and copyright information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org..