Educators for Social Responsibility Records
Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Educators for Social Responsibility is a national, non-profit organization committed to helping teacher, school administrators, and parents respond positively, through education and resources to concerns about nuclear war, and other social justice issues. To this end they have developed community action/education projects to end the arms race, foster mutual respect among people with diverse opinions and different cultural backgrounds, and prepare students to be participating citizens in a democracy.
The materials in this collection come from the national ESR office in Cambridge, MA and from several local ESR offices around the U.
The files in this collection have not been processed by the staff of the Peace Collection. Materials were organized by the donor and currently remain as they were received. Patrons interested in viewing this collection should contact the staff at the Peace Collection.
From SCPC Educators for Social Responsibility (CDG-A) Acc. 01A-043 Acc. 01A-055 Archived web sites for ESR
Connect to finding aid: http://swarthmore.edu/library/peace/DG201-225/dg206esr/dg206.html
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is the official repository for these records.
Gift of Educators for Social Responsibility, 2001 [Acc. 01A-043], [Acc. 01A-55].
For the catalog record for this collection and to find materials on similar topics, search thelibrary's online catalog.
The files in this collection have not been processed by the staff of the Peace Collection. Materials were organized by the donor and currently remain as they were received. This finding was updated by Wendy E. Chmielewski, September 2009.
- Educators -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Peace -- Study and teaching -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Conflict management -- Study and teaching -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Children and peace -- Study and teaching -- History -- Sources
- Violence in children -- Prevention -- History -- Sources
- Nuclear Disarmament -- Study and teaching -- History -- Sources
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection
- Access Restrictions
- Copyright to the records created by Educators for Social Responsibility has been transferred to the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Copyright to all other materials is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
- Use Restrictions