Committee for World Development and World Disarmament Records
Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The Committee for World Development and World Disarmament was established in 1950 as a non-political, non-partisan, educational organization to provide a forum for information about world disarmament and world economic development. It was first initiated by the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom (U.S. Section), as a project of the Jane Addams Peace Association; headquartered in New York, N.Y. The CWDWD ceased operations in 1970.
The collection includes the administrative records of the Committee for World Development and World Disarmament-reports, meeting minutes, correspondence, programs, financial, and reference files on local groups.
This collection is unprocessed and remains in the order in which it was donated.
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is the official repository for these papers/records.
Gift of Doris Shamlaffer, 1998 [Acc.98A-006].
For the catalog record for this collection and to find materials on similar topics, search the library's online catalog.
This collection is unprocessed. This finding aid created by Wendy E. Chmielewski, October 2009.
- Baker, Adelaide N.
- Chalmers, Ruth
- Pomerance, Josephine Wertheim, 1910-1980
- Shamleffer, Doris
- Simon, Emily Parker
- Committee for World Development and World Disarmament
- Jane Addams Peace Association
- Women's International League for Peace and Freedom. U.S. Section
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection
- Access Restrictions
- Copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendents, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
- Use Restrictions
Addendum sent by Ruth Chalmers (Acc. 98A-004)