Friends' Relief Committee Collected Records
Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Beginning in March 1920, the Friends' Relief Committee distributed food and other goods in response to the famine in Russia. The Friends' Relief Committee was formed by members of the Society of Friends (Quakers) in London, England.
- International relief -- Russia
- Reconstruction (1914-1939) -- Russia
- Famines -- Russia
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Civilian relief
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work -- Society of Friends
- Society of Friends -- Charities
- Society of Friends -- War relief and reconstruction
- Society of Friends -- International assistance
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research without restrictions.
Collection information not available.