Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The Fellowship of Conscientious Objectors was formed in 1939 to stimulate and encourage the spirit of fellowship among conscientious objectors to World War II; membership peaked during the war at about 3,000, although only a very small proportion was active; the Fellowship published a serial"The Tribunal" from January 1940 through October 1942, after which it was published until March 1945 by an independent committee; the Fellowship of Conscientious Objectors dissolved around 1942.
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the archives of the Fellowship of Conscientious Objectors.
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research without restrictions.