World Fellowship, Inc. Collected Records
Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
In the early 1920s the movement to encourage post-war world brotherhood and understanding led to the formation of a number of organizations, among them the Union of East and West (1921), the League of Neighbors (1922) and Fellowship of Faiths (1924). The World Fellowship of Faiths was the successor to these organizations. The First International Assembly was held in 1933-1934. Charles F. Weller was the founder. Willard E. Uphaus joined the group in 1953; he became known for his arrest for non-cooperation with the House Un-American Activities Committee. In the 1960s, the name changed to World Fellowship Center. It sponsored a summer encampment open to all with no racial, religious or ethnic restrictions.
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection