Peace Publishing Company Records
Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Peace Publishing Company; incorporated in New York, NY in July 1970; formed to "use the skills, talents and abilities of its members in the field of publishing, public relations and advertising in a common endeavor to advance the cause of world peace through the political process; to study, research and investigate the economic, social and political aspects of the engagement of the United States in armed hostilities; to formulate proposals for appropriate lawful action to effect international order and peace and to advocate the implementation of such proposals through legislation, public education and all other lawful means.". The Peace Publishing Company consisted almost entirely of employees of the American Heritage Publishing Co., although it did not have official company sponsorship. Bernard A. Weisberger was a primary organizer; the Peace Publishing Company was inactive after 1971.
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.
- Peace Publishing Company
- American Heritage Publishing Company
- Lawyers Committee for Effective Action to End the War
- Publishers and publishing -- New York (State) -- New York -- History -- Sources
- Peace Movements -- New York (State) -- New York -- History -- Sources
- Peace -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- New York -- History -- Sources
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- New York (State) -- New York -- Sources
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research without restrictions.