Media Fellowship House Collected Records
Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Media Fellowship House; located on Jackson Street in the borough of Media, Pennsylvania; founded in 1944 to combat racial intolerance in the town of Media, and in the wider society; formed out of the Interracial Fellowship (Percy O. Battips was first president); mission broadened to become a place of fellowship without regard to race, culture, age, sex, or disability; serves as a community center in Media.
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research without restrictions.