Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Founded in 1960 in Northern California, Lobby for Peace was concerned with the arms race and human survival. They financed a professional lobbyist, Robert Schutz, who spent alternate months in Washington, D.C., when Congress was in session. Lobby for Peace issued a newsletter between 1960 and 1963. The group disbanded in 1963, possibly joining forces with the Council for a Livable World.
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection