Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The Baptist Peace Fellowship (BPF), formerly called the Baptist Pacifist Fellowship, is an organization of Christian pacifists among Baptists, but not officially related to any denominational organization. Formed in New Jersey in 1940 to unite in a "positive stand for Christ's way of redemptive love." BPF is affiliated with the Fellowship of Reconciliation (FOR) and was later absorbed by Baptist Peace Fellowship of North America.
Includes correspondence, brochures, program literature, and newsletters.
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of the Baptist Peace Fellowship.
Acc. 84A-34 is a later accession that was sent by Baptist Peace Fellowship of North America. About 4 folders were retained in this collection, while the rest consisted of reference material already available in the Peace Collection.
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection
- Access Restrictions
The collection is open for research use.