Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Established circa 1938 as the Committee for Concerted Peace Efforts with the aim of "correlating and expanding the work of local committees for concerted peace effort, such as those in Boston, Phila., and Wash." The name was changed crica 1939 to American Union for Concerted Peace Efforts. Clark M. Eichelberger was a founder and served as the director, and its policies and program were similar to those of the other organizations in which Eichelberger was most influential.
The American Union for Concerted Peace Efforts (AUFCPE) was one of the organizations that sponsored the Commission to Study the Organization of Peace, organized in 1939.
The Non-Partisan Committee for Peace through Revision of the Neutrality Law (William Allen White, chair; Clark M. Eichelberger, director) was under the auspices of the AUFCPE. The Pennsylvania Committee for Concerted Peace Efforts (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) was likely a subsidiary, and the Maryland Committee for Concerted Peace Efforts (Baltimore, Maryland) was a branch.
Includes the periodical Toward World Cooperation.
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.
- American Union for Concerted Peace Efforts
- Committee for Concerted Peace Efforts (New York, N.Y. : 1938-1939)
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection