Selected Papers of Sparse Grey Hackle
Held at: Princeton University Library: Manuscripts Division [Contact Us]
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Princeton University Library: Manuscripts Division. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
"Sparse Grey Hackle" was the pen name of Alfred W. Miller, an American author of books and articles about angling.
The collection consists of the typescript and proofs of Hackle's collection of short stories Fishless Days (1954), the typed manuscript of his story "Vocabulary" (1954), two letters, and his collection of 18th- and 19th-century regulatory documents relating to fishing in the Delaware, Hudson, South, Raritan, and Hackensack rivers of New Jersey.
Published under same title (New York: Anglers' Club, 1954)
Folder Inventory added by Hilde Creager (2015) in 2012.
No appraisal information is available.
- Authors, American -- 20th century --Manuscripts
- Fishing -- New Jersey -- Hackensack River -- 18th century
- Fishing -- New Jersey -- Hudson River -- 19th century
- Fishing -- New Jersey -- Law and legislation
- Fishing -- New Jersey -- Raritan River -- 18th century
- Fishing -- New Jersey -- South River -- 18th century
- Fishing -- Pennsylvania -- Delaware River -- 18th century
- Fishing -- Pennsylvania -- Law and legislation -- 18th century
- Manuscripts Division
- Finding Aid Date
- Access Restrictions
The collection is open for research.
- Use Restrictions
Single photocopies may be made for research purposes. No further photoduplication of copies of material in the collection can be made when Princeton University Library does not own the original. Inquiries regarding publishing material from the collection should be directed to RBSC Public Services staff through the Ask Us! form. The library has no information on the status of literary rights in the collection and researchers are responsible for determining any questions of copyright.
3 items, autographed.Physical Description
93 pp.Physical Description
4 pp.Physical Description