Held at: Philadelphia Museum of Art Archives [Contact Us]Philadelphia Museum of Art, PO Box 7646, Philadelphia, PA 19101-7646
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Philadelphia Museum of Art Archives. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The Museum Archives has no official records of the Park Commissioners. The items here were gifted to the Museum's library and consist primarily of scrapbooks documenting the Museum's early years through to the opening of the new building and ending in 1933. Also included are several copies of the Annual Reports of the Commissioners of Fairmount Park and half-tone plates used in annual reports.
These materials were arranged and described by Merle Chamberlain and Louise F. Rossmassler. Funded by a grant from The Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art Archives
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Merle Chamberlain and Louise F. Rossmassler
- Finding Aid Date
- Funded by a grant from The Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation
- Access Restrictions
The collection is open for research.
- Use Restrictions
The Fairmount Park Commissioners Records are the physical property of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Archives. The Museum holds literary rights only for material created by Museum personnel or given to the Museum with such rights specifically assigned. For all other material, literary rights, including copyright, belong to the authors or their legal heirs and assigns. Researchers are responsible for obtaining permission from rights holders for publication and for other purposes where stated.
The series consists of five scrapbooks of clippings, which are arranged in general chronological order. The notations and note within the latest dated scrapbook appear to be in Fiske Kimball's hand. There is also a folder of clippings, most of which date from 1923 and 1926.