Held at: Historical Society of Pennsylvania [Contact Us]1300 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19107
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Historical Society of Pennsylvania. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Acquired during the Balch Institute and Historical Society of Pennsylvania merger in 2002.
Two tapes containing interviews with Cecilia Moy Yep were removed from this collection and returned to the Chinatown Oral History Project interviews (collection D0447).
- Immigrant families--United States--Economic conditions
- Immigrant families--United States--Social conditions
- Immigration studies
- Immigration to the United States
- South Asia--Emigration and immigration--History--20th century
- South Asia--History--20th century
- South Asia--Social conditions
- South Asia--Social life and customs
- South Asian American women--Social conditions--Anecdotes
- South Asian Americans
- South Asian Americans--Religion
- South Asian Americans--Social conditions
- South Asian Americans--Social life and customs
- South Asians--United States
- South Asians--United States--Religion
- South Asians--United States--Social conditions
- Historical Society of Pennsylvania
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Sarah Newhouse
- Finding Aid Date
- August 2011
- This collection was processed during the Digital Center for Americana Project Phase II, which was funded by grants from the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Richard Lounsbery Foundation.
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open for research.