Batcheler, Hartshorne, and Sahlin families papers
Held at: Historical Society of Pennsylvania [Contact Us]1300 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19107
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Historical Society of Pennsylvania. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
One volume of Swedish genealogy were separated from the collection and moved to the library: Slakten Boëthius by Bertil Boëthius, 1962. (Fa 929.2 B672b 1962 Folio)
There is a duplicate of this volume still in the Batcheler, Hartshorne, and Sahlin families collection.
- Historic buildings--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia
- Independence Hall (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Iron industry and trade--India
- Iron industry and trade--United States--History
- Photographs on glass
- Sweden--History--20th century
- Sweden--Social life and customs
- Tata Iron and Steel Company
- World War, 1914-1918
- Historical Society of Pennsylvania
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Sarah Newhouse
- Finding Aid Date
- March 2012
- This collection was processed during the Digital Center for Americana Project Phase II, which was funded by grants from the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Richard Lounsbery Foundation.
- Access Restrictions
This collection is open for research.
Please note that access to two of Ellen Sahlin Harthsorne's photo albums is restricted due to their fragility (boxes 80 and 81). Digitized versions of these items are available in the Digital Library.