Philadelphia Monthly Meeting Northern District records
Held at: Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections [Contact Us]370 Lancaster Ave, Haverford, PA 19041
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Philadelphia Monthly Meeting for the Northern District was established in 1772 by Philadelphia Quarterly Meeting by a division of the Monthly Meeting of Friends of Philadelphia. Its territory included the south side of Mulberry [Arch] Street and northward including Northern Liberties and Friends on the west side of the Schuylkill River.
At the time of the Separation, this monthly meeting remained with the Orthodox Friends, but Green Street Monthly Meeting (H) held responsibility for this geographical area. The Orthodox monthly meeting was discontinued in 1914, and its members were attached to the Monthly Meeting of Friends of Philadelphia at Arch Street.
This meeting is often unofficially referred to as "North Street."
(source: online finding aid)
This collection consists of one volume of Mark Balderston's notes for the Monthly Meeting of Philadelphia for the Northern District during the year 1878. It includes a list of members at that time, an index, along with minutes (unknown whether the minutes are original or copied).
Processed by Mary A. Crauderueff; completed December 2015.
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections
- Finding Aid Author
- Mary A. Crauderueff
- Finding Aid Date
- December 2015
- Use Restrictions
Standard Federal Copyright Law Applies (U.S. Title 17).