Held at: Drexel University: Archives and Special Collections [Contact Us]W. W. Hagerty Library, 3300 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Drexel University: Archives and Special Collections. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The College of Business and Administration was established as the Business Department when the Drexel Insitute of Art, Science, and Industry. Hollis Godfrey reorganized it as the Secretarial School in 1914, apparently intended to provide instruction specifically for women. The school was renamed the School of Business Administration in 1922 (later the College of Business Administration in 1945) and began granting bachelor's degrees in 1923. The MBA program was established in 1949. The college was first accredited by the American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) in 1966 (for its undergraduate program) and in 1976 (for its MBA). A PhD program was launched in 1980.
The bulk of this collection consists of an application for accreditation by the American Assembly of Collegiate schools of Business from 1966, as well as reports prepared for reaccreditation in 1986. It also includes annual reports from the dean to Drexel's president from 1978 to 1981; a strategic plan from the 1980s; a report on the founding of the PhD program; and MBA and PhD curricular materials.
- Drexel University: Archives and Special Collections