- 36 linear ft.
- The Friends Peace Committee (FPC) of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting was formed in 1933 by the merger of similar committees that had been established in 1892 by the Race Street Yearly Meeting (Hicksite) and in 1916 by the Arch Street Yearly Meeting (Orthodox) in Philadelphia. Since 1933, the committee has undergone a series of structural changes, perhaps most strikingly under the direction of Executive Secretary George Hardin from 1949-1973. There are a number of different subcommittees under the Friends Peace Committee that work on different facets of peacekeeping, including international issues, the role of the military in schools and society, and effecting legislative change.
Held at: Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College [Contact Us]