- 21.5 cubic feet
- The Medico-Chirurgical College had its origins in 1848 as the Medico-Chirurgical Society, but it would not be until 1881 that Dr. George P. Oliver, who had been a member of the old society and held title to the new charter, organized a faculty to hold classes. In 1916 Medico-Chirurgical College's Department of Medicine and the Department of Dentistry merged with the University of Pennsylvania. The Medico-Chirurgical College and Hospital of Philadelphia Records consist mainly of administrative and financial records for the College and Hospital from the late nineteenth through to it's merger with the University of Pennsylvania in 1916.
Held at: University of Pennsylvania: University Archives and Records Center [Contact Us]