- 1.5 linear feet
- Settled by Quakers beginning in 1680, the small town of Langhorne in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, became an important transportation center between Trenton and Philadelphia. Harvey G. Wells, a stone mason, and his son Gilbert R. Wells, a contractor and builder, were involved in a significant amount of construction in the town during its growth from the mid-19th to the early 20th century. The Wells family papers, 1845-1959, consist primarily of the business records of Harvey G. Wells and Gilbert R. Wells. Records include account books, lists of jobs and workers, daybooks, and land agreements, as well as financial papers such as cashbooks. The collection also includes some Wells family papers and ephemera.
Held at: Historic Langhorne Association [Contact Us]