- 2.75 linear feet
- The Highlands Mansion was originally built for Anthony Morris (1766-1860), a lawyer and politician who served as speaker of the Pennsylvania Senate from 1793-1794. The estate was occupied by the Sheaff family from 1813-1917, when it was sold to the Sinkler family. The Sinkler family donated the remaining estate to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, which took ownership in 1970, and it is now administered by the non-profit Highlands Historical Society. The Highlands Historical Society photograph collection, circa 1900-2005, includes photographs taken or collected by the Highlands Historical Society. The vast majority depict the Highlands building and grounds in the 1970s and 1980s, but there are a few photographs from the Sinkler-Roosevelt era, as well as some photographs from the 1990s.
Held at: Highlands Historical Society [Contact Us]