- 3.5 linear feet
- Plymouth Meeting (in Plymouth and Whitemarsh Townships) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, was settled during the late 17th century by English and Welsh Quaker and German immigrants. In 1686, the discovery of limestone drew more settlers to the area. Several railroad lines were constructed in the area during the 19th century, which encouraged a growth in industry. Plymouth and Whitemarsh grew significantly after World War II, especially during the latter decades of the 20th century after completion of the Blue Route (Interstate 476) with its major interchange in Plymouth Township. Plymouth Meeting Historical Society small collections, 1709-1976, consist of various small collections held by the Plymouth Meeting Historical Society. The collections document local families, including the Lukens, Corson, and Zimmerman and Dager families. There is also documentation of local properties, in the form of deeds and tax assessments.
Held at: Plymouth Meeting Historical Society [Contact Us]