- 0.25 linear ft. (1 box)
- The Bucks Auxiliary Bible Association of Friends, a Quaker Bible distribution society, located in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, was established in 2nd month, 1830, under the Bible Association of Friends in America. Its purpose was to supply "Friends and others with the Holy Scripture, "to encourage "the frequent and serious perusal of them", and to promote "a more accurate knowledge of their invaluable contents". All subscriptions collected by the Auxiliary were turned over to the parent body, which in turn provided the Auxiliary with Bibles or testaments to sell or to distribute in their vicinity. According to the Annual Reports of the Bible Association of Friends in America, the Bucks Auxiliary ceased to operate in 1857. This collection contains the minutes, correspondence, reports and financial records of the Bucks Auxiliary Bible Association of Friends, together with a manuscript genealogy of the Moon family, compiled by the donor.
Held at: Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College [Contact Us]