- 20.0 linear feet
- The Delaware County Institute of Science, located in Media, Delaware County, Pennsylvania, was established in 1833 by local residents with a common interest in science and natural history. Shortly after its founding, the Institute started its herbarium, a collection of pressed, dried plants. The Delaware County Institute of Science herbaria collection, 1833-2010 (bulk 1833-1910), consists of the Delaware County Institute of Science's herbarium and additional small herbaria donated by others. Over 5,700 specimens, mostly from the 19th century and the United States (although there are international and later specimens) are included.
Held at: Delaware County Institute of Science [Contact Us]