- 2.75 linear feet
- The Woman's Home Missionary Society of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1883, a few years after the national equivalent was formed. Its local programs included immigrant homes, boarding homes for women, Vacation Bible School, and a clinic. After the 1939 merger that resulted in the new corporation of the Methodist Church, the Society was folded into the Woman's Society of Christian Service. The Woman's Society of Christian Service was merged into the United Methodist Women in 1972. The Woman's Society of Christian Service of the Philadelphia Conference of the Methodist Church records, 1883-1973 (bulk 1940-1973), include minutes, ledgers and other financial documents, a scrapbook, newsletters, yearbooks, and annual reports of several foreign and domestic missionary groups.
Held at: Historical Society of the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference of the United Methodist Church [Contact Us]