- 4.0 linear feet
- There were five volunteer fire companies in the Frankford area of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the late eighteenth through late nineteenth century, the first being Frankford Fire Company, organized in 1793. Frankford Fire Company would later be reorganized into two companies in 1803, and other volunteer fire companies were established in the 1850s. In 1870, all of the volunteer fire companies in Frankford were disbanded when the city-wide Philadelphia Fire Company was established. The Historical Society of Frankford fire company records collection, 1793-1925, consists of twenty-eight volumes of meeting minutes, financial records, and membership records of the five volunteer fire companies that were established in the Frankford area from 1793 through 1853.
Held at: Historical Society of Frankford [Contact Us]