- 26.0 linear feet and 62 boxes, 3 volumes and 6 oversize pieces
- Elm Hill Private School and Home for the Education of Feeble-Minded Youth was founded in 1848 in Barre, Massachusetts, by physician Hervey Backus Wilbur (1820-1883). Wilbur left Elm Hill in 1851 to establish a similar but state-sponsored school in New York. His assistant, George Brown (1823-1892), took over the institution. The records of Elm Hill span the years 1842-1951. The records consist of Administrative records, Correspondence, Financial records, Medical records, Teaching records, and photographs and engravings of residents and employees.
Held at: Historical Medical Library of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia [Contact Us]