- 7.5 linear feet
- James Harvey Gravell started the American Chemical Paint Company in 1914 and moved the factory to Ambler, Pennsylvania soon after. He was an engineer, innovator, and philanthropist who made national headlines for paying off all his employees' debts and mortgages for Christmas in 1936. After Gravell's death, his company was renamed Amchem Products, Inc., and was acquired by Henkel in 1980. Amchem Products, Inc. records, 1925-1986, consist of administrative records, photographs, and company publications.
Held at: Wissahickon Valley Historical Society [Contact Us]