- .6 linear feet (1 document box and 1 half document box)
- The College of Physicians was founded in 1787 as a private medical society devoted to the advancement of medical education, research, and guidance of the medical profession itself. In order to help fulfill these goals, the College's Fellowship have garnered impressive resources including a biomedical library in 1788, a medical museum in 1858, an institute for the history of medicine in 1976, and museum education programs in 2006. These resources are housed in a building constructed in 1909 at 19 South Twenty-Second Street. With its rich resources, adjoining medicinal herb garden, and ample meeting space, the College serves as a repository for the history of Philadelphia medicine and as an arena for the discussion of contemporary health care issues.
Over the years, numerous committees have been formed in order to assist in the daily operations of the College, administer fundraising campaigns, and implement special projects. Many of these committees were short-term (ad hoc),...(see more)
Held at: Historical Medical Library of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia [Contact Us]