- 5.5 cubic feet
- The University of Pennsylvania's Department of Athletic Communications, originally titled the Department of Athletic Publicity, was founded as a subdivision of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics on July 1, 1924. Its main duties, which have remained basically the same since its inception, are to act as a liaison to the media, to prepare press releases, to distribute press credentials for athletic contests, and to arrange interviews with athletes and coaches at the University. The Department of Athletic Communications Records primarily contains press releases and correspondence from the department during the period 1935-1951, with an unusually high concentration of material from the 1950-51 academic year.
Held at: University of Pennsylvania: University Archives and Records Center [Contact Us]