- 2.5 cubic feet
- The University of Pennsylvania Trustees called for the building of a new library in 1888 and hired Frank Furness to design the building. Constructed of red bricks, sandstone, and terra cotta, the new library was dedicated on February 7, 1891. The restoration project began with the establishment of the building as a National Landmark in 1985. The records for the restoration project include feasibility studies, proposals, plans, schedules, correspondence, meeting minutes, historical data and research files, and miscellaneous fundraising ephemera.
Held at: University of Pennsylvania: University Archives and Records Center [Contact Us]