- 0.5 linear feet
- Gynecean Hospital was a women's hospital in Philadelphia, operating from 1888 until 1939, when it merged with the University of Pennsylvania. This collection contains details of 34 student nurses at this hospital during the 1914 to 1918 period. Demographic information from application forms, letters of reference, grades, details of courses, and evaluations of these students are included. Also part of this collection are requests for information from institutions for information after the students had graduated.
Held at: University of Pennsylvania: Barbara Bates Center for the Study of The History of Nursing [Contact Us]