- 5.85 linear feet
- The Garden Club of America was established in 1913 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, when the Garden Club of Philadelphia and eleven other garden clubs met to create a national garden club. Its purpose is to foster the knowledge and love of gardening and to restore and protect the quality of the environment through educational programs and gardening and conservation efforts. This collection consists of 205 glass lantern slides, donated by the Garden Club of America, of Philadelphia area gardens and homes, including Andalusia, Stenton, Highlands, and Ludington. The collection also contains several portraits of notable Philadelphians and horticulturists and landscape plans. Included are 35mm slide reproductions of many of the lantern slides. The lantern slides date from the year 1930.
Held at: Pennsylvania Horticultural Society [Contact Us]