- 2.5 linear feet
- The Davis family moved to Newtown Square, Delaware County, Pennsylvania around 1850. William Thomas Davis bought the Newtown Square Inn in 1866 and held livestock auctions at the hotel. His son, Edward N. G. Davis, operated a grocery store in town before becoming a real estate broker. The Edward N. G. Davis family papers, 1896-1973, consist largely of financial ledgers with some correspondence, photographs, and other document types. Most items relate to Edward N. G. Davis, with another large portion of items from his father, William T. Davis. There are also materials from several other family members and the first minute book of the Improvement Association of West Chester Road, 1909-1910.
Held at: Newtown Square Historical Society [Contact Us]